10/23/14 02:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Too lazy to keep deleting the shitty spam bots. Registration disabled for the foreseeable future. PM me or Hybrid-Of-Souls on NG if you want in. I'm also too lazy to link to my profile, but he's not, so god speed. http://hybrid-of-souls.newgrounds.com/
Welcome to NGA BBS!
 (1703 views, 4 replies)
Pages: 1 reply
Author  Topic: Moving the NGA
Aksumka

Level 23

Admin

Posted: 05/15/12 04:46 pm
Personal Message (Offline) Reply with quote reply to post 
Today I will be moving the NGA off Hostgator and on to my VPS. I do not see the point in paying for two separate services, so I'll be dropping Hostgator.

The BBS will be on lockdown until the move is done so if by some freak of nature someone posts while I'm moving the database, it won't be lost when the move is complete.

I do not expect there to be any noticeable downtime. However there is a chance that DNS records may not update as quickly for some. This could mean that these people will be seeing the "old" site still on Hostgator for some time (no longer than a day). But this is not a problem with the little activity we get here anyway.

The move is now complete. I have tested most things, but there is a chance that I forgot something, so if you run into any issues please let me know.

Some anime shit || AK's TF2

Letiger

Level 25

Mod

Posted: 05/16/12 07:51 pm
I haven't seen any difference.

Phil

Level 23

Admin

Posted: 05/16/12 08:09 pm
At 05/16/12 07:51 pm , Letiger wrote:
I haven't seen any difference.
All of the archive has been moved to a new IP, and is no longer hosted using the HostGator servers. No actual changes were made to the site other than where the data is and will be stored.

Aksumka

Level 23

Admin

Posted: 05/16/12 08:36 pm
Exactly.

Only thing you might notice is the speed of the site. Should be ever so slightly faster.

Some anime shit || AK's TF2

Letiger

Level 25

Mod

Posted: 05/17/12 05:16 am
Humans won't notice a difference in 1 ms.

Pages: 1
edn!

Jump to:  

You need a Grounds Gold Account
to post on the NG BBS!

If you dont have one, to sign up now!

Its fast, free, and easy - and opens up
tons of great NG features!
Flash Portal | Games | Toons | Genres & Series | Audio Portal | NG Mag | Mature | NG Store ^ Top
Copyright 1995-2006 Newgrounds Inc.